This calendar lists conferences, seminars and other public activities on strategic security, defence, strategic studies, international relations, international security, domestic security, military history and associated matters.
The events listed are generally those organised by official, professional, educational, research or charitable bodies for public benefit, rather than commercial activities conducted solely for profit.
Chief of Army Military History Conference 2012 [CANCELLED 11 JULY 2012 DUE TO DEFENCE BUDGET CUTS]
Drawdown: The final years of the Vietnam War
27-28 September 2012
Hotel Realm, Canberra
Enquiries: (02) 6266-4248 or www.army.gov.au/Our-history/Army-History-Unit/Chief-of-Army-History-Conference
Defence Science and Technology Organisation Land Warfare Conference 2012
29 October - 02 November 2012
Melbourne Exhibition and Conference Centre, South Wharf, Melbourne
Enquiries: (08) 7389-5455 or firstname.lastname@example.org
UNSW Military Communications and Information Systems Conference 2012 (MilCIS 2012)
Security prosperity: Border security, critical infrastruce protection and strategic sustainability of the state and nation
06-08 November 2012
National Convention Centre, Canberra
Enquiries: (02) 6251-0675 or http://www.milcis.com.au/
Curtin University, 4th Annual National security and strategy workshop
09 November 2012
Crown Perth, Great Eastern Highway, Burswood
Australian Defence Magazine Social media in Defence forum
05-06 December 2012
Hotel Realm, 18 National Circuit, Barton, ACT
Enquiries: www.admevents.com.au/defence-conference/social-media-in-defence or (02) 9080-4307
Australian International Air Show and Aerospace & Defence Exposition
Trade exhibition: 26 February - 01 March 2013
Public airshow: 01-03 March 2013
Avalon Airport, Victoria
Enquiries; (03) 5282-0500 or www.airshow.com.au
Disclaimers and disclosures
- Conference Calendar lists events over the following six months or so and is also published in each issue of the ADA's national journal Defender.
- Inclusion in this calendar does not mean or imply that the Australia Defence Association necessarily endorses the activity listed or its sponsoring institution or organisation.
- Inclusion is customary, however, for activities run by academic and research institutions, profession-based institutes, charitable bodies, the defence force or government departments and agencies.
- In order to target likely attendees directly, organisers of professional, academic and commercial conferences and other activities can also advertise them in our publications and on this website.
- ADA advertising policy is detailed here. In summary, the ADA exercises a public-interest test for advertisements and does not seek, accept or publish advertorial-type articles in its publications or on this website.
- Except where organisers choose to advertise in our publications at standard rates, the ADA derives no financial benefit from the activities listed in Conference Calendar.
- As a standard professional courtesy arrangement in some cases, ADA representatives may be provided with complimentary registration when speaking or chairing a session at a conference, helping structure the intellectual or professional content of a conference program, or assisting with the provision of information and publicity to professional, corporate and public audiences.