This calendar lists conferences, seminars and other public activities on strategic security, defence, strategic studies, international relations, international security, domestic security, military history and associated matters.
The events listed are generally those organised by official, professional, educational, research or charitable bodies for public benefit, rather than commercial activities conducted solely for profit.
Chief of Army Military History Conference 2013
Armies & maritime strategy
02-03 October 2013
Australian Defence College, Weston Creek, Canberra
Enquiries: (02) 6266-4248 or www.army.gov.au/Our-history/Army-History-Unit/Chief-of-Army-History-Conference
International Fleet Review
Centenary of the first entry of the Royal Australian Navy's Fleet into Sydney on 04 October 1913
03-11 October 2013
RAN Seapower Conference 2013
Naval diplomacy and maritime power projection: The utility of navies in the maritime century
07-09 October 2013
Main Auditorium, Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre, Darling Harbour, Sydney
Disclaimers and disclosures
- Conference Calendar lists events over the following six months or so.
- Inclusion in this calendar does not mean or imply that the Australia Defence Association necessarily endorses the activity listed or its sponsoring institution or organisation.
- Inclusion is customary, however, for activities run by academic and research institutions, profession-based institutes, charitable bodies, the defence force or government departments and agencies.
- In order to target likely attendees directly, organisers of professional, academic and commercial conferences and other activities can also advertise them in our publications and on this website.
- ADA advertising policy is detailed here. In summary, the ADA exercises a public-interest test for advertisements and does not seek, accept or publish advertorial-type articles in its publications or on this website.
- Except where organisers choose to advertise in our publications at standard rates, the ADA derives no financial benefit from the activities listed in Conference Calendar.
- As a standard professional courtesy arrangement in some cases, ADA representatives may be provided with complimentary registration when speaking or chairing a session at a conference, helping structure the intellectual or professional content of a conference program, or assisting with the provision of information and publicity to professional, corporate and public audiences.