The Australia Defence Association (ABN 16 083 007 390), hereafter referred to as the ADA, invites people to provide us with various types of content for use within the ADA website or our hard-copy and electronic publications.
We can only accept your content, however, if you comply with the terms and conditions set out below.
1. If you send content to the ADA, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. These terms and conditions are subject to change at the sole discretion of the ADA.
3. You should only provide your content to the ADA if you are over 18 years of age.
4. The ADA will determine, at its discretion, whether to publish (or remove from a site or a hard-copy publication) any of your content.
5. The ADA may edit your content in or at it's discretion.
6. You warrant that:
a. you own your content and all rights in relation to your content;
b. you obtained your content in a manner which does not breach any laws or the rights of any person;
c. your content is accurate and reflects actual people and events and you did not digitally alter images or footage in any way to create your content or impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
d. your content, your provision of your content to the ADA and the use by the ADA of your content, in each case as contemplated in these terms and conditions, does not breach any law (including laws relating to privacy, intellectual property and defamation) or the rights of any person;
e. your content, at the time you send it to the ADA, contains no virus or other code or material embedded in it which will have a negative impact on the ADA’s services, infrastructure or public interfaces;
f. your content is not being provided for a commercial purpose (including that you are not soliciting funds or promoting particular goods or services); and
g. you did not forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information or metadata in any email, SMS or other electronic means of communication.
7. You acknowledge that the ADA, after consultation with you, may use all intellectual property rights in your content throughout the world, in perpetuity, without restriction and without making payment to you, including publication of that material in hard-copy publications or in electronic media, using your content in advertising and promotional material for the ADA and permitting others to do any of these, including when the ADA and others might receive payment for this.
8. You waive all moral rights in your content and consent to anything which the ADA (or any person permitted to do so by the ADA) may do in relation to your content which would otherwise be in breach of your moral rights. This includes the unlikely event that the ADA may be required to use your content without attributing you as the source of your content.
9. The ADA will be under no liability to you in respect of any loss or damage (including consequential loss or damage) which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of your supply of your content to the ADA, or the subsequent use of your content within goods or services supplied by the ADA.
10. On providing your content to the ADA for publication in any media, you indemnify the ADA and its officers, employees and agents against any damage or loss made against or suffered by any of those indemnified arising, in whole or in part, as a result of:
a. the publication of your content by the ADA or a person permitted by the ADA; or
b. a breach by you of these terms and conditions.
12. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Australian Capital Territory. The parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts exercising jurisdiction there.
13. Nothing in these terms and conditions has any impact on the terms and conditions of use which apply to the relevant ADA sites or other services.Back to Privacy, security, copyright and disclaimers